Hello Friends, Rakshika Jain here again
Today lets make green peas curry. I think you do not have any idea about green peas curry. Let me explain you
What is Green Peas Curry
Green Peas Masala is a popular North Indian recipe which is prepared using green peas, onions and a melange of Indian spices. It is a great option to eat with tawa roti in lunch/dinner. In Indian household, this easy peas recipe is commonly known by the name ‘Masala Matar ki Sabzi’. This lunch/dinner recipe is high on spice quotient.
Now lets make this green peas curry step by step. I am making green peas masala curry for 4 serves
- Peas (shelled)- ½ kg
- Tomatoes- 3 medium sized
- Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
- Onions big- 2
- Garlic- 7 flakes
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder-1½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Sugar- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Ghee/oil- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
Step by Step Cooking Method for Green Peas Masala Curry
- Cook peas. Boil water in a pan, put the whole Tomatoes in it and keep aside for few minutes. Peel the outer skin and grind Tomatoes to a smooth paste at speed 5 using medium jar.
- Grind the masala ingredients using speed 5 for 15 sec. Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, season with cumin seeds and fry the ground masala in medium flame.
- Add the Tomato Puree and bring it to boil. Add Peas. Pour enough Water and boil for a few minutes. Remove from fire and garnish with Coriander Leaves, serve hot with purees and chapattis.
Green peas has low sodium and is a suggested food for high blood pressure.
I hope now you can make good green peas masala curry at your home and will impress your friends and family.