Hello Friends, How are you . Rakshika here again
Today lets make very tasty and delicious aapam. Aapam is one of most famous in the world and love by every age of people.
So lets not delay and lets start making aapam!
What is Aapam?
Aapam is a type of pancake, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made with fermented rice batter and coconut milk. The origin of Aapam is disputed and potential sources of origin might be Sri Lanka or the southern tip of India. It is a common food in Sri Lanka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala where it is eaten most frequently for breakfast or dinner.
Now, lets make this aapam step by step. I am taking this much ingredients for 12 Aapams
- Raw rice- 2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Coconut- 1 small
Step by Step Method for Aapam
- Wash and soak rice for 4 hours. Grind using big or medium jar to a very smooth batter by grinding at high speed for 30 sec.
- Remove 2 tbsp of this batter, add ½ cup of water and boil till thick. Cool and add to the remaining batter. Add salt and allow to ferment overnight.
- Next day grate coconut. Fill half of the medium jar with coconut, add 1-cup water and grind at speed 5 for 1 minute and extract I milk. To the residue add 1-cup warm water and extract II milk by grinding at high speed for 1 min.
- Use the extracted milk to thin down the batter. Heat a deep kadai, grease the kadai with oil.
- Pour batter through the sides by swirling so that the aapam is thin at the ends and thick in the center.
- Pour little oil in the sides to make it crisp.Cover and cook till done. Loosen the edges and lift the aapam. Serve with potato stew.
I hope now you can make good aapam at your home and will impress your friends and family.