Hello Friends, Rakshika Jain here again
Today lets make garlic soup. I think you do not have any idea about garlic soup. Let me explain you how it can be prepared.
What is Garlic Soup?
Ever heard the saying “A bowl of garlic soup a day keeps the doctor away”? Ok, maybe that’s not exactly how the saying goes, but in my book this garlic soup is one case where good health and good taste unite!
Garlic is a wonderful herb and culinary ingredient that I always keep in the kitchen in some form. Cultures across the globe have prized garlic for thousands of years both for its flavor and its powerful medicinal properties. I often reach for garlic when illness strikes and even take it raw by the spoonful when I feel illness coming on.
Swallowing raw garlic might not always sound the best, so I set out to come up with a hearty and healing garlic soup that was pleasing to the palate also.
Now lets make this garlic soup step by step. I am making garlic soup for 4 serves
- Garlic – ½ Cup
- Onion- ½ Cup
- Vegetable/chicken Stock- 2 Cups (steaming)
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp(optional)
- Pepper- ½ Tbsp
- Cumin- 1 tsp
- Salt As Per Taste
- Oil- 1 Tbsp(or Butter)
Step by Step Method for Garlic Soup
- Heat oil well in a kadai, add chopped onion and garlic. Fry well till transparent.
- Now place the fried ingredients in big jar add little stock and blend well to make a smooth paste.
- Dilute corn flour in 2 tbsp of stock water add to the ground paste, add cumin, pepper, salt and blend at speed 1 for 1-2 minutes in a big jar along with all the stock.
- Now pour hot soup to bowl, add grated cheese(optional). Serve hot.
Medicinal value: This soup is very effective in curing cold and cough because of its spices used. It’s a wonderful snack food especially during winter season. These types of foods when consumed your nose will start to run and the mucus will begin to clear.
I hope now you can make garlic soup at your home and will impress your friends and family.