Hello Friends, How are you . Rakshika here again
Today lets make very tasty and delicious Green Idli. Green Idli is one of most famous in the world and love by every age of people.
So lets not delay and lets start making Green Idli!
How To Make Green Idli?
Yield: 10 idlies
- Green gram dal- 1 cup
- Green chilli- 6
- Coconut (grated) – 1(1/2) tbsp
- Salt- as per requirement
- Curd- ½ cup
- Cooking soda- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
Method For Green Idli:
- Soak dal for 3 hours. Grind dal using big jar or medium jar at high speed for 20 sec to a coarse paste with minimum water sprinkled.
- Grind coconut, green chillies, and salt at speed 4 in a small jar to make a smooth paste.
- Mix both the ground paste with curd. Heat oil and add Mustard Seeds and Curry Leaves and pour over batter.
- Then add Soda along with Mustard and Curry Leaves and mix well. Now steam in idli plates using the same procedure followed for normal Idli making.
- Now add salt and mix the two pastes with hand and allow to ferment overnight.
- Grease Idli plates with oil and pour batter in them and steam for 15 min in medium flame.
- Remove idlies and serve hot with chutney.
I hope now you guys can make a Green Idli at your home and can impress your friends and family.