Hello Friends, How are you . Rakshika here again
Today lets make very tasty and delicious Kanjeevaram Idli. Kanjeevaram Idli is one of most famous in the world and love by every age of people.
So lets not delay and lets start making Kanjeevaram Idli!
What is Kanjeevaram Idli?
Kanjeevaram Idli, a south Indian idli speciality with an irrestible blend of cumin, peppercorns, curry leaves and grated coconut. the soft and spicy Kanjeevaram idlis taste superb and are also easy to preapre at home with this simple recipe.
Now, lets make this Kanjeevaram Idli step by step. I am taking this much ingredients of Kanjeevaram Idli for 30 Idlies
- Raw rice- 2 cups (heaped)
- Whole Dehusked black gram- 2 cups
- Salt- 3 tbsp
- Oil- for sautéing
- Pepper- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2 tbsp
- Fresh curd- 1 cup
- Cooking soda- 2 pinch
Step by Step Method for Kanjeevaram Idli
- Soak the rice for 4 hours and dhall for 2 hours separately.
- Grind dal using medium jar or big jar by filling half the jar with dal and grinding at low speed for 30 sec or till smooth and fluffy.
- Grind rice using medium jar or big jar in batches at high speed for 30 sec.
- Till a coarse consistency.
- Grind the whole quantity of Rice and Dal in the same way.
- Now add salt and mix the two pastes with hand and allow to ferment overnight.
- Grease Idli plates with oil and pour batter in them and steam for 15 min in medium flame.
- Remove idlies and serve hot with chutney.
I hope now you can make good Kanjeevaram idli at your home and will impress your friends and family.