Hello Friends, How are you . Rakshika here again
Today lets make very tasty and delicious Masala Idli. Masala Idli is one of most famous in the world and love by every age of people.
So lets not delay and lets start making Masala Idli!
Idli or idly are a type of savoury rice cake, originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular as breakfast foods in southern India and northern Sri Lanka. The cakes are made by steaming a batter consisting of fermented black lentils (de-husked) and rice. The fermentation process breaks down the starches so that they are more readily metabolized by the body.Idli have several variations, including rava idli, which are made from semolina. Regional variants include sanna of Konkan and Enduri Pitha of Odisha.
Now, lets make this Masala Idli step by step. I am taking this much ingredients of Masala Idli for 45 Idlies
- Black gram dal- 1 cup
- Boiled rice- 4 cup
- Salt- to taste
Step by Step Method for Masala Idli
- Soak the rice for 4 hours and dhall for 2 hours separately.
- Grind dal using medium jar or big jar by filling half the jar with dal and grinding at low speed for 30 sec or till smooth and fluffy.
- Grind rice using medium jar or big jar in batches at high speed for 30 sec.
- Till a coarse consistency.
- Grind the whole quantity of Rice and Dal in the same way.
- Now add salt and mix the two pastes with hand and allow to ferment overnight.
- Grease Idli plates with oil and pour batter in them and steam for 15 min in medium flame.
- Remove idlies and serve hot with chutney.
I hope now you can make good masala idli at your home and will impress your friends and family.