Hello Friends, Rakshika Jain here again
Today lets cook Palak Paneer which is very tasty food.
What is Palak Paneer
Palak paneer is basically soft paneer (cottage cheese) cubes cooked in a smooth spinach curry. This palak paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipe on the blog. This delicious palak paneer goes well with rotis, naan, parathas or tandoori rotis and even jeera rice or biryani rice or saffron rice or ghee rice.
So lets cook Palak Paneer
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
Palak (Spinach)- 3 bunches
Green chillies- 2
Finely cut onions- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
Masoor dal ( red lentils)- 1 tbsp
Dhania powder- 1 tbsp
Chilli powder- 1 ½ tbsp
Sugar- ¼ tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Paneer- from 1 liter of milk
Big onion- 2 or 3
Garlic- 9 flakes
Grated cheese- 1 tbsp
Garam masala- ½ tbsp
Ghee- 1 tsp
Fresh cream- 1 tbsp
Method For Palak Paneer:
- Wash and chop Palak finely. Add Masoor dal and enough water to cover it and pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool strain and reserve the liquid. Slice the Onion and Tomatoes into long thin pieces. Peel Garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil; first add Garlic, Onion and Tomatoes in order and fry for 3 minutes.
- Grind cooked Palak with fried ingredients using medium or big jar at speed 4 to make a smooth paste. Heat rest of the oil, tamper Cumin Seeds. Fry slit Chillies and finely cut Onions just for 1 minute.
- Add Dhania powder fry for a second then pour ground mixture with enough salt and sugar. Allow it to boil in a medium flame stirring now and then. When it is thick enough add Chilli powder. Boil for 1 minute.
- Gently mix in fresh paneer cubes. Remove from fire, pour on a baking dish sprinkle grated Cheese on top and bake (optional) till cheese melts (for 2 minutes). Serve garnished with beaten cream.