Hello Friends, How are you . Rakshika here again
Today lets make very tasty and delicious sambar powder . sambar powder is one of most famous in the world and love by every age of people.
So lets not delay and lets start making sambar powder!
What is Sambar Powder?
Sambar podi, or sambar powder, is a an important ingredient found in South Indian kitchens. It is prepared by roasting and grinding various types of Indian spices. You can probably find sambar powder pre-made in stores or Indian cuisine stores in many brands and variations of flavours. However, by making it at home, you can make smaller batches or large quantities of fresh-tasting sambar powder and also adjust ingredients of the powder according to your desired taste. Sambar powder is the main ingredient used to make sambar, a popular south Indian gravy. Sambar is normally eaten with rice, lentil donuts (vadas), rice cakes (idlis) and rice crepe (dosas).
Now, lets make this sambar powder step by step.
- Bengal gram dal- 8 tbsp
- Red gram dal- 6 tbsp
- Black gram dal- 2 tbsp
- Red chillies- 1 ½ cups (50 grams)
- Coriander seeds- 1 cups (50 grams)
- Peppercorns- 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek- 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves- a handful (optional)
Step by Step Method for Sambar Powder
- Roast all the ingredients well in a heavy bottom pan under low flame till a pleasant flavour arises.
- Stir contents continuously till a pleasant roasted flavor comes. Red Chilli can be directly roasted on fire or pan, then remove the stem.
- Now fill half of the medium jar with the ingredients and inch in pulse mode to crush them. Then run at high speed for 30sec till a fine powder is obtained.
- Till a fine powder is obtained.
I hope now you can make good rice paniyaram at your home and will impress your friends and family.