Do you love to eat shahi paneer ? But do not know how to make a tasty shahi paneer in restaurant style ?
Hi, Welcome to my blog again and this your blog host Rakshika Jain again and i love cooking.
Today we are going to learn how to make good restaurant style taste shahi paneer at your home. I will provide you complete recipe (Recepie) to make amazing shahi paneer at your home kitchen.
What is Shai Paneer ?
Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer, originating from the Indian subcontinent, in a thick gravy made up of cream, tomatoes and Indian spices. It is mainly eaten with roti, naan, rice, other breads. Paneer is the word for cottage cheese, and shahi is the term for royal.
I am providing you guide to make shahi paneer using multiple method of cooking. Almost 4 to 6 methods i will provide you bellow. So lets start the shahi paneer cooking
Shahi Paneer Recepie or Recipe Ingredients
Paneer Cubed (cottage cheese) : 500grams
- Milk : 1/2 cup
- Cream : 100 grams
- Tomatoes : 4 Medium sizes finely chopped
- Onion : 02 big size chopped
- Cashew nut : 20-22 pieces
- Ginger : 1.5 inches long, fine chopped
- Green chili 03 Chopped
- Cumin seeds : 01 tsp
- Red chili powder : 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder : 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 01 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Green cardamom : 03
- Tomato Ketchup : 04 tbsp
- Green coriander leaves ¼ cup
- Fresh Cream : 2 tbsp
- Oil or Ghee : 06 tbsp
- Salt as needed
- Water : 01 cup
Mehod to Make Shahi Paneer
- 1.Cut mushrooms/ cottage cheese into medium size pieces.
- 2.Finely chop onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and green chilies.
- 3.Heat clarified butter in a pan and add whole brown cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, mace, clove, black pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- 4.Now add onion and fry it till it turns pink.
- 5.Then add cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, green chilies and tomatoes and cook it on medium heat till tomato becomes soft. (It may take 12-15 minutes).
- 6.Once done remove it from flame and let it cool for sometimes.
- 7.Once it is completely cooled, grind it to a smooth paste. Now stain the mixture with a strainer.
- 8.Then again heat a pan and add butter with little oil.
- 9.Heat it for 2-3 minutes and then add mushroom/ cottage cheese and stir it for 5-7 minutes. (If using mushroom cook it for 10- 12 minutes).
- 10.Now add ground and stained spices and cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- 11.Add water and salt and set the consistency of gravy as required.
- 12.Now add 2 table spoons of condensed milk / khoya. (If using khoya add 1 table spoon of sugar also).
- 13.Then remove it from the flame and garnish it with cream and hot spices powder.
- 14.Serve “Shahi Paneer/ Mushroom” hot with Nan or Tandoori roti.
- At first heat some butter in a pan and lightly fry the paneer cubes for few seconds. Then add heat some oil in a pan and add Bay leaves, Dry Red Chillies, Cinnamon Stick, Green Cardamoms, Raisins & Cloves together and saute for few seconds.
- Now add Onion slices and fry till it turns a little golden.Then add Garlic, Grated Ginger, Chopped Tomatoes, Cashew Nuts & green chilli together & cook them for 4-5 minutes by covering the pan.
- Now transfer the entire thing from the pan to a Mixer Container and make a fine paste of it.Now take some oil & butter in the pan and add turmeric powder and kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix it and add the Paste and a dash of water and saute for 1-2 minutes.Then add Salt to taste and some water and cook for time.
- Now its time to add Condensed Milk and Fresh cream. After adding them mix ir properly for some time.Then spread some Kasuri Methi over it for a nice earthy flavour.And at last add the fried Paneer Cubes in the mixture and mix them well and cook it for another 2-3 minutes till the oil comes over it.
- First Make Onion Puree. For this chop onions in small cubes and boil in pressure cooker until one whistle. After boiling make a puree in a blender.
- Soak almonds in enough water overnight. Remove its skin and make a smooth paste in a blender.
- Heat 5 tsp oil in a pan, add whole garam masala, add onion puree and saute till it gets light brown colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till its raw smell goes away.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomato puree and cook till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Add red chilli powder, mix and cook for a while.
- Add almond puree, mix and add water if required. Just bring it to boil.
- Add salt, sugar, mix and add paneer cubes and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with heavy whipping cream.
- First let us make the gravy. In a non Stick Pan, put onions, tomatoes, chillies, almonds and cashews and stir them on low flame till the onions change color and tomatoes become little soft.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the dried fenugreek( kasoori methi) leaves, garam masala, tomato purée and the above gravy and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Add the curd, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add sugar, 1/4 cup of water, paneer , mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnish with Coriander leaves and ginger flakes. You can also add cream if you want to add that little richness to the gravy.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee in a large saucepan and fry onion, until soft.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chili paste. Mix and fry until brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and bring down to room temperature. Put into a blender, along with ½ cup water and tomato paste. Grind into a puree.
- Transfer back to the saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat.
- Fry paneer in hot oil/ghee and remove. Ensure that you do not brown them.
- Add garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add cashew nut paste and cochineal. Stir and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until the gravy turns thick.
- Just before serving, heat the gravy and float fried paneer pieces on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Roast the kasoori methi in a pan till it changes colour.
- Immediately transfer to a plate. Crush with your fingers to a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and add the black and green cardamoms.
- When they start to splutter, add the chopped onions and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped ginger and chillies and saute for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook till tomatoes turn soft.
- Switch off the heat.
- When cool, grind the tomato-onion mixture to a fine paste.
- Grind the cashew nuts to a fine paste, adding water as required. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add a teaspoon of oil/ghee and add the chilli powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the ground tomato-onion mixture followed by cashew paste and stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt and cream and mix well.
- Put in the paneer cubes and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed kasoori methi and mix well.
- If you want a thinner consistency, you may add milk or water as required. Bring to a boil.
Switch off the heat and transfer to a serving platter.